- Category: Inca Trail
Inca Trail 2 day hike or short Inca Trail 2 days to Machu Picchu: This hike is a terrific option for those who want to experience the beauty and wonders of arriving to Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail, but have less time or physical ability to do a more extended trek. On our first day we take a lovely hike to the archeological complex of Winay Wayna, then follow the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
After spending the night in Aguas Calientes, we have the entire second day to explore Machu Picchu.
“GET UP. GO. EXPLORE.”
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
BRIEFING: The day before the trek you will meet with your trekking guide at our EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU office and meet all the members of your group. Your guide will explain to you about the trek route and all the necessary recommendations will be provided to you according to the trekking season you choose. This will take approximately 40 minutes.
Day 1: Cusco – Km 104 – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu
- Pickup from the hotel and transfer to Poroy train station to km 104 the starting point of the trek
- Hike to Machu Picchu/Bus to Aguas Calientes
- Overnight in a Aguas Calientes hotel
- Trail head elevation 2000 meters
- Highest point elevation INTIPUNKO- SUNGATE 2700 meters
Day 2: Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
- Early breakfast at hotel
- Bus up to Machu Picchu (30 minutes)
- Tour in Machu Picchu
- Climb to Huayna Picchu (advanced booking required)
- Afternoon train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo /Poroy
- Transfer from train station to Cusco hotel
- Train times at 2:55pm, 4:45 pm, or 6:45pm depending on availability at Peru Rail
- End of the service
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT RESERVATIONS BE MADE AT LEAST 3-6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE AS PERMITS ARE LIMITED PER DAY AND SELL OUT QUICKLY. IF YOU DON'T FIND SPACE FOR INCA TRAIL LOOK INTO OUR ALTERNATIVE TREKS...