- Category: Inca Trail
The Classic 4 day Inca Trail is our top tour rated hike, this is Peru's most sought-after trek for its breathtaking panoramas, vast ecological diversity, and well-preserved archeological sites. It is trekking 4 days along the original ancient stone Inca path, we traverse high mountain passes
and trek through ecological areas ranging from high desert puna to an Andean cloud forest and subtropical jungle. During this classic 4-day trek Our professional guides will point out the native flora and fauna and explain important facts and legends about the magnificent Inca Empire. On the fourth day, we arrive to Machu Picchu through the Intipunku, or Sun Gate, from where we catch our first exhilarating glimpse of the archeological wonders below. At Machu Picchu, we spend ample time discovering these spectacular remains before returning to Cusco by train.
Discover the you you never knew...
Discover yourself in Peru
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
BRIEFING: The day before the trek, you will meet with your guide and meet all the members of your expedition group. Your guide will explain to you about the trek, route, and all the necessary recommendations will be provided to you according to the trekking season you choose. This briefing will take approximately 40 minutes, where you will receive your duffel bags that will be carried by the porters along the trail.
Day 1: Cusco – Piscacucho km 82 – Llactapata – WAYLLABAMBA
- Pickup from your hotel
- Transfer to km 82 (2,720m/8,923ft), beginning of the trek - breakfast with Inca trail views
- Hiking the Inca Trail Archaeological site of Kanabamba, Llactapata (Quechua names)
- Lunch at Tarachayoq village at approximately 1:30 pm
- Camping in Wayllabamba (3,100m/10,829ft)
- Walking distance 11 km
Day 2: WAYLLABAMBA/ WARMIWAÑUSKA/ PACAYMAYU
- Survive the highest mountains offering great views
- Walking distance: 12 km
Day 3: PACAYMAYU/ WIÑAYWAYNA
- An easier day, we will get to visit Wiñay Wayna ruins
- Nice views of Machu Picchu mountain
- Walking distance: 16km
Day 4: Wiñay Wayna – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
- Hiking to Inti Punku the “Sun Gate”
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Climb to Huayna Picchu (advanced booking required)
- Descend to Aguas Calientes for lunch
- Walking distance 5 km
- Afternoon train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo/Poroy
- Transfer from train station to Cusco hotel
- Train times at 2:55pm, 4:45pm, or 6:45pm depending on availability at Peru Rail.
- End of the service
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT RESERVATIONS BE MADE AT LEAST 3-6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE AS PERMITS ARE LIMITED PER DAY AND SELL OUT QUICKLY. IF YOU DON'T FIND SPACE FOR THE INCA TRAIL LOOK INTO OUR ALTERNATIVE TREKS...